Thursday, June 26, 2008

No lazy mornings = no latte art

So I've been working early the last few days and haven't had time to pour a good latte. I rushed to make one before 8am work, but it didn't turn out so good. Too much foam makes not for a good pour. Man, I sound a bit like Yoda - what up with that?

So here's my dilemma. I'm definitely a perfectionist and I don't want to share my "bad examples" of latte art, but at the same time how "honest-to-blog" am I if I only post the good pours? I suppose I should post the good, bad and downright ugly. This may even force me to work hard to hone my skills. However I'm still at the mercy of my Saeco Classico and its hardly-consistent-steam.

On a side note, there is no place in my city where I can buy green robusta beans. I like to use about 10-15% robusta to give a nice thick crema (and a little bit of caffeine kick). I ordered some online and I think I paid more in shipping than the actual cost of the beans. Ha! My only consolation is that they SHOULD last for at least 6 months or more.

I work late tomorrow and with any luck I'll get a decent pour and good crema with freshly roasted beans. If you don't see a post or a picture either my camera's busted, I didn't have time to post, or more likely I made some BAD art!

-Later!

No comments: