Thursday, September 24, 2009

4 respectible pours and yet I find myself wanting to do better

Too much froth


Almost perfect microfoam - pour needs work

Crema and froth not quite right hence a weaker pour

Best pour of the group - It looks a little "fuzzy" because I couldn't photograph it right away until I found fresh AA batteries. Oops.
These have all been pours in the last few weeks. I'm getting some consistency and have a decent pour greater than 50% of the time. I just wonder what's preventing me from getting a much "crisper" rosetta design. I think my crema is decent enough, but the froth is USUALLY too thick and you get no detail or too thin and you can't even make a design.
I have noticed that every attempt I've make into latte cups that are not "cupped" shaped on the bottom almost always result in a lousy pour. I've seen baristas make pours into tall to-go cups, so I'm not sure what technique I'm lacking.
Anyway... I'm gonna keep at it cause it's fun and only takes an extra few seconds so, why not?
Naug out!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: