Monday, July 14, 2008

Last best attempt

So it seems this may be my last attempt with my old Saeco Classico machine. I have had many great drinks from its innards but its eminent retirement is nigh. Also, I just missed the UPS truck (I was upstairs with my sleeping newborn when it came). Fortunately, they are going to redeliver my Silvia as I write this.

I'm not sure exactly what you'd call this design... a leaf-heart? I like the way it looks, but it's so frustrating that I only get usually one chance per day to practice this challenging art form. A true barista (coffee person) can make several 100 lattes a week - talk about time to practice!

But I plug away and hope that someday I'll perfect this fun but frustrating art form. After all, shouldn't coffee be enjoyed in all its various dimensions?

-Naug

As a side note, the amazingly talented Katie Reider passed away today. She will be dearly missed and I am fortunate to say that I knew her and was able to enjoy the voice that blessed many an ear. What a loss.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about Katie.

Here are some of my lame attempts at coffee art.