Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Still trying to work Miss Silvia's magic

When I look at this briefly, it reminds me of the Rebel insignia from Star Wars. In fact it is just a good pour finish with a bad start. The Silvia definitely has more steam power, but I have less time to control it than with the Saeco. This means I have to be careful not to pull too much air into the froth to get a good microfoam.

I also have to remember to keep the milk swirled while pulling the shot so that the foam doesn't form a thick layer on top of the milk and make for a difficult pour. I did finish well, but as a whole I give myself a 4 out of 10.

I should call this blog "Rate My Latte Art" but since no one visits, there would be no votes.

I have been using the free roasted beans that came with the Silvia package. They are decent but I miss my fresh roasted beans for their crema content. I hope to purchase some green beans soon and once more have my own fresh roast.

Anyway, happy tamping and visit soon!

-Naug

No comments: