Saturday, August 23, 2008

Best yet?


So I'm not sure this is my best ever, but it's my best in some time. This may be the last latte I make using the free beans that came with Miss Silvia. I just roasted my blend of Brazil, Colombian, and Nicaraguan this morning so I will probably have another entry on Monday if I get a good pour - hopefully with nice dark CREMA!!!

The free "Super Crema" espresso beans (as they are dubbed) did have better crema than any vacuum bagged beans I've used prior, but nothing like what comes with a fresh home roast, especially one with 15% robusta to give a nice crema boost.

So, hopefully next post I will have some nice dark crema as a starting palette to work my "magic". ;-) THEN my only excuse will be my ability to pour!

Ta ta.

-Naug
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

MAS said...

Very nice.

Is the bean in question LAVAZZA?

naug said...

Yes, Lavazza indeed. I got a 3 lb bag free when I ordered my Silvia machine. I am over half way thru the bag, but I just did my home roast yesterday so I may never use the rest. Interested? :-)

MAS said...

Actually I was given the same bean recently, but thank you for the offer.